This Siteground review site is hosted.
Want to know why 320,000 websites had chosen Siteground.com and why their start-up $3.95 website hosting so popular? This is the same question we been asking our self when we carry out our reviews and ratings program. We are willing to take all risk and signup their start-up plan and host with them. We wish to review this hosting company and provide facts and secrets to everyone visiting this website. This site is hosted, it’s true and it provides 100% real facts in here. And we are giving away promotional coupons at here for free and it helps you to get their best discount price too.
Siteground review: Who is Siteground.com?
This is a premium hosting company which was established in the year 2003 when a group of experts pulled their capital together to form this brand. They are very popular in the web hosting industry due to its excellent support, superior performance and great developer features. This web hosting company is a private company and it’s very active in the Joomla communities and WordPress. They provide handcrafted solutions in popular web applications such as Joomla, Magento, and WordPress. Again, they leave no stone unturned to ensure that their clients have a unique user experience through these tools with a specially optimized server setup, customized security options, and speed systems. They also include detailed details and a wide array of free templates apart from other goodies.
Siteground review: Is Siteground hosting good or bad?
They own over 1100 servers in 4 data centres and that is big. And we’ve been using start-up shared service and using this to host a WordPress site. Their service quality is top notch and we can see this after host with them for so many years and comparing them with the famous cPanel hosting namely Hostgator, Bluehost, Hostmonster and Justhost. And we start to see why people are choosing this one at the end.
This web hosting company is not that popular compare to other top hosts, this maybe due to their limited marketing effort or business plan. Boosting sales and keeping the highest quality is two difficult things to do in any online service business. You can put up a lot of online sales and bring in tons of customer in short time, but that will mean lower quality and more managing issues throughout the process. In order to keep the service quality at highest, this will mean a good company with excellent management as well. This is what we seen in them and they are doing it just right.
Siteground review on shared hosting service.
They are offering few shared hosting packages. The price is reasonable as well. Its not expensive or too cheap, its just right and affordable by most people. All three web hosting packages are giving a lot of features and resources, and the service quality is top notch. Following are the key features offered by their shared hosting:
- From 10 GB disk space.
- Unlimited transfer for website.
- Unlimited MySQL database.
- Unlimited emails account.
- Free domain name.
- Free daily backup and content delivery network.
- 24×7 technical support via chat, phone or email ticket.
- 30 days money back guarantee.
These web hosting features are very commonly seen and we are getting what we need to start online website. The free domain name means a lot and it helps us save around $15 as according to current domain registration price. Next there is free website transfer and beginner users that require technical assistant to migrate their websites from old host, this is the must have free service.
They have 3 different shared hosting packages and it comes with real storage space reserve for your account. Here are the basic 3 packages to choose from:
- Single domain plan from $3.95/month.
- Gobig multiple domains plan from $7.95/month.
- Gogeek multiple domains plan from $14.95/month.
Siteground review on start-up plan. It is the company basic hosting and it begins at just $3.95/month. It includes the following:
- Free transfer and setup.
- Free domain name.
- Thirty days money back guarantee.
- Almost 100% uptime guarantee.
- 24×7 customer support.
- Unlimited emails, traffic and database.
- SSH and cPanel access.
- Free daily backup.
- Free content delivery network.
- Static caching only.
- Joomla and WordPress toolkits.
Siteground review on Growbig plan. In this, you access all 3 levels of super cacher in addition to the following:
- Thirty days worth of backups.
- Unlimited sites.
- 365 days free SSL.
- Priority customer support.
- Around 25,000 visits per month.
- The super cacher uses memory cached and varnish to cache both static and dynamic content and works well with Joomla, WordPress and Magento.
Siteground review on Gogeek plan. This comes with all the above features of found in other two packages and in addition to the following:
- More powerful hardware for more RAM, SAS storage for files and SSD storage for your databases.
- Few accounts on every server. You can use up to four times more resources then other plans.
- PCI compliant server is for e-commerce and allows you to take your credit card details on your web.
- Developer features that are custom made and are exclusive to this company.
Registration is very easy and straightforward and you can be done within five minutes. After registration, you will need to decide on your preferred plan. The best thing about registration is that there is a free three month premium support option at the end of the page. However, there are certain features that can increase the price. For instance, if you want to include options such as daily backup, hack alert, monitoring and domain privacy, you might end up paying a bit higher than basic plans. All these features are very attractive, but ensure that you include only those features that you need, if you don’t want to pay much more.
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email showing your account ID as well as login information. In addition, you will receive a call from their customer support representatives just to ensure that everything goes well. Are these services not friendly and useful?
Siteground review on WordPress hosting.
Why choose this Wordpress hosting and not the others? They are heavily promoting themselves as the best place to both Joomla and WordPress. But why is their shared hosting a better place for these CMS apps? Besides comparison features, we try to find their hidden advantages and benefits.
First in this WordPress optimized hosting, we can see there is extra cPanel configuration taken place and they have added in static cache feature to make the hosting service even better.
From this cPanel, we found the following WordPress extended features:
- WordPress installer.
- WP auto update.
- WordPress toolkit.
From day one, user can choose to install WordPress here instantly without any delay by using the installer tool. Future upgrade can be performed by auto update and no manual management in require in future. The super cacher feature is here to make the site even faster and try to boost the WordPress site loading time.
Siteground review on cloud hosting.
They provide the cream of cloud hosting services with a platform that is extremely fast and autoscalable. It gives its customers the opportunity to have a plan that is customized specifically to their exact requirements. Regardless of whether you are planning a small startup project or a high volume enterprise portal, Siteground is equipped to give you the solutions you are looking for.
Apart from providing these services preinstalled, Siteground undertakes the maintenance of these applications as well. User plans start from $54 at the Entry level, $72 at the business level, Business Plus plans at $90 and premium Enterprise plans available from $126 per month. While the entry level plans provide 200 GB Disk space, the Enterprise plan gives you an amazing 800 GB. All plans come with 5TB bandwidth. The enterprise plan also contains goodies such as daily backups, comprehensively managed servers, free CDN and multiple locations, and a VIP customer support service that will never keep you waiting for longer than 10 minutes at any point in the day.
Siteground review on reseller hosting.
Siteground provides a unique reseller hosting program keeping in mind web designers and developers who maintain client websites over the long term. With reseller hosting, when you purchase multiple accounts in bulk, you are privy to amazing discounts. The resellers also have the advantage of special domain name deals that can go as cheap as $10 per year. Clients can also resell services at the price they see fit and maximize your revenues.
The top benefits of the reseller hosting program include amazingly easy management, 24 hour support every day, top speeds, highly advanced security, and incomparable uptime. Another interesting feature is the White Label option that allows the client to upgrade their non-branded cPanel and private DNS. This facilitates stronger branding capabilities.
Siteground review on dedicated servers.
This gives the client the ability to host their websites on a high end dedicated machine environment that is supervised by the industry’s best brains. Apart from all that, the client is also provided with groundbreaking proprietary software that can boost the performance of your server giving you the edge of superior functionality. The machines are designed and supervised by Siteground ensuring that the client has access to a choice in high end machines that are located in the world’s best data center facilities. Siteground takes up full management of your server, ensuring that the software is up to speed and the machine is under surveillance at any point in time. The service also provides assurance of immediate response to any issues that may arise in your machine.
Siteground review on data center.
Siteground never compromises on anything. Another factor that reinforces this fact is its data centers. With data centers spread out across North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific, clients can choose centers in close proximity to ensure the best speeds possible. The data centers are located in strategic locations such as Chicago, Amsterdam, and Singapore where there are no problems with connectivity. The locations have been designated so that it takes the bare minimum number of hops to be reached. The data centers are designed for high level electricity redundancy. The centers have multiple backup power options comprised of various power feeds, generators, and enterprise-level UPS solutions. The data centers are under surveillance and protected by highly qualified guards 24 hours a day. Other security measures applied include biometrics, bullet proof lobbies and access control man traps.
Siteground review on superior uptime.
SiteGround services boast of a mean uptime of 99.996% annually and 99.99 monthly. All the factors in play such as the strategic locations of data centers, unique server setup, and dedicated system admin teams contribute towards ensuring this spectacular uptime. Siteground also relies on a unique software synthesize specifically to counter downtime issues in advance. Almost all issues are monitored and solved in real time devoid of human intervention, which is amazing in itself.
Siteground review on security.
Siteground’s handpicked hardware solutions and customization teamed with the groundbreaking solutions go into creating amazingly efficient server architecture. When you throw the unique software optimizations from Siteground into the mix, you get the most secure web hosting environment that other providers could never dream about.
Siteground review on customer support.
They have excellent after sales program which keeps up with its 24×7 customers support promise. It is always on and ready to serve you, no matter the time of the day. The response time can only be said to be fast and very helpful. Additionally, there is a number for online tutorials as well as newbie, for tips about setting their site.
Siteground applies to the philosophy that the way you treat your customers defines how your business establishes itself. There are really no instances where clients have to wait for a response to queries or concerns. All shifts are staffed appropriately to ensure no client is left waiting for an agent. Another aspect of the customer service that make sit stand apart from its competition is the personal profiling of its employees. When a client gets in touch with the customer service representative, he or she gets access to detailed information about the representative like years of experience, areas of expertise, and even personal interests. This givers a human touch.
Siteground review on money-back guarantee.
SiteGround’s money back policy ensures that clients have peace of mind in any case scenario. Clients can request for a refund in the rare scenario that they are not satisfied with the services rendered within 30 days of effective date.
Siteground review on pros and cons:
- They have comprehensive precautions which ward off hackers. For instance, you have to go through secured encrypted connection, even if you type your cPanel URL directly from your web.
- The company does not allow direct activation of themes and plug-in due to safety measures.
- They have the latest caching technology, which is compatible with WordPress.
- Its server uptime is magnificent.
The main limitation of them is the limit it place on storage space. You are entitled to a 10 GB storage space for the basic plan. They are without any doubt the best web hosting provider. It does a lot more than any other web hosting with its unique and advanced features. Hoping you will find other review on the website so as to understand more about this company.
Earlier this year, Google announced its intention to change ranking algorithms for the searches that are conducted on the wide variety of mobile devices in order to factor in whether a website is mobile friendly or not. This is primarily meant to ensure that your website is adaptive or responsive (a website that reformats content and layout depending on the device being used to access the website) or that your site redirects to a mobile version. However, if your site is not responsive, your Google ranking on mobile devices will drop and your website will not rank as high on mobile devices (including smartphones and tablets) at it does on laptop or desktop computers.
How can you make your site mobile friendly?
There are several options you can consider incase your website is not mobile friendly.
- Develop a new website for your business: You can hire web developers to build a new website and custom themes that can accommodate your functional requirements and design preferences.
- Use website builder services: If you don’t have the funds and technical knowhow to develop your site from scratch, you can you can simply use website builder services to find mobile friendly website templates.
- Modify your website to be adaptive: Depending on the scale and programming of your current site, hiring developers to reformat and optimize it for mobile devices might be a viable option.
- Use Drupal and WordPress plugins for a quick and easy fix: If a Drupal or WordPress website is not responsive, you can simply use the wide variety of Drupal modules and WordPress plugins to create a mobile theme that satisfies all the requirements for a mobile friendly website. Although both commercial and free themes are available for the Drupal or WordPress platforms, commercial themes have proven to be more reliable because they are likely to provide support and important updates. However, the upkeep free themes might be abandoned by their developers which might be very crucial because both platforms are continually evolving.
Requirements of a Google mobile friendly website.
It is important for businesses to understand changes that impact their websites in order to take the appropriate measures to optimize how the listings appear on mobile SERPs.
- Check specific recommendations for CMS.
Google has listed various CMS integrations in its specific recommendations. These CMS integrations include:
- dataLife Engine
- Google Sites
Check whether the CMS integration you are using is on this list and implement all changes accordingly.
- Site load time and speed.
One of the critical factors in mobile optimization is the page loading time. This allows users on mobile devices to start interacting with your pages as fast as possible. Google page speed insights can help website owners determine why their sits are responding slowly for both desktop and mobile device and how to fix it.
- Ensure your site is not using flash.
A flash based website and content is not mobile friendly. Therefore, if your content includes animations, you may use other mobile friendly technologies such as HTML 5. On the other hand, you should ensure that your site does not contain scripts that are not working on mobile.
- Use standard fonts for your content.
Standard fonts load faster on mobile devices. Your font size should also scale appropriately within the viewport in order for users to zoom and view content conveniently and with ease.
- Optimize images.
You should avoid anything that takes long to load. Therefore, images must also be optimized accordingly to avoid any further difficulties.
- Enhance mobile navigation.
Designing your website’s mobile navigation simply means designing for small screens. Therefore, you must get straight to your point because there is no space for clutter. You must choose the important links you should include to help users complete their priority tasks and eliminate any elements that are not relevant to mobile users.
In case you wish to include more items in your navigation, you can simply create off-screen toggle menus that have vertically oriented navigation rather than a navigation that requires users to scroll horizontally.
Google AdSense is a popular web advert program which allows publishers to make money from their websites. However, one blunder could end up costing you tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue. Most AdSense publishers make mistakes that often result in complete failure. While some are able to come back from the knock-backs resulting from these mistakes, many are often so downhearted that they call it quits. Some AdSense mistakes, however, are so serious that there’s no chance of making corrections. This article gives you some common Google AdSense mistakes made by most publishers.
- Not knowing the right Ads position.
This is one of the common mistakes that most Google AdSense publishers make, especially beginners. If you intend to improve your brand, being in one of the top two ad positions is a great idea. But, if your ultimate goal is to get good results, your ads will work best in position 3-5. The reason why it’s better to be in lower positions than first or second is because people are likely to click on the first two positions. Whether or not they are seriously interested in the ad, they are most probable going to click.
- Poor traffic quality to your website.
Another common mistake that most publishers make is targeting poor traffic. If your website experiences poor traffic, you won’t meet the minimum monthly payout amount. The issue is not about the quantity of traffic you drive to your website but the quality. If one thousand people visit your website a day and less than a hundred click on your ad your earnings might be poor. Also, Google AdSense program policies state that traffic coming from exchange programs is not permissible. If you receive traffic from these websites, don’t place ads on them.
- Keyword stuffing on your content.
A keyword is of uttermost importance as it tells search engines what your content is all about. Nonetheless, as with any good thing, too much is unhealthy. Keyword stuffing is considered black hat tactic and can adversely affect your Google Adsense earnings. Therefore, it is important that you use your keywords wisely without over saturating your content. The recommended keyword density for Google is between 1-3%, which means a 500 article should not have more than three appearances of a particular keyword.
- Clicking on your own ad.
For every 1 publisher who adheres to this rule, 2 are applying this unethical tactic. This is one among the most common Ads violations publishers make. Google may let it slide a few times, but if you make it a habit, even if you swear you are interested in finding out what the ad in talking about, your account will be suspended. Let’s face it. If you were an advertiser, how would you feel to discover that part of the money you paid for the ad goes to the individual who clicked on it? So it makes a lot of sense that Google prohibits publishers from clicking on their own ads under whatever circumstance.
- Slow loading website.
This goes without saying. A slow loading website will negatively affect the user-experience, and Google seeks to diminish anything that does this. Google has not categorically stated that load time is a factor in AdSense, but they tend to remain silent on things pertaining to their code anyway. But it is clear that visitors will leave a slow loading page without engaging with any content, which affects AdSense earnings along with search rankings. There are numerous things that can cause your website to run slowly. If you are not sure what it is, it helps to seek help from a professional web developer.
- Website offline.
Another big mistake that publishers make is to forget that site offline can hurt their AdSense earnings. Because Google AdSense will earn you money seamlessly, it is easier to set and forget. The problem comes when the website goes down. If your site goes offline, it will drop out of the Google index making it difficult for your visitors to find you. Going down for a minute or two from time to time will not have negative impacts on your earning. But going down for weeks will impact badly on your revenue.
As mentioned, Google AdSense is an easy way to make money online. However, it is imperative to follow the rules. Not adhering to the rules may result in your account being suspended.
Speed of a website plays a major role in delivering the optimum user experience and maintaining ideal conversion rate. According to a recent research, every one second delay in loading a web page decreases visitors’ satisfaction by 16%. So how to improve your website loading speed? Let’s have a look at the top onsite speed optimization techniques below.
- Optimize images.
The images on your website usually eat up a lot of the page size and can ultimately affect the performance of website. Simple and small-sized images are available in the PNG image format, whereas complex image files are available in JPG format. Also, always crop the images based on your website’s width. Rather than resizing the image by using HTML, you can re-size it using image editing software like Photoshop.
- Minify code.
- Data compression.
Compressing the files and data will make web browsers to download them a lot faster. One of the most popular data compression technique used on many websites globally is G-Zip. G-Zip primarily compresses the website pages and then any browser that runs G-zip software can fetch the compressed files and data. This will improve the loading speed a web page significantly. Whether your web server runs on Nginx, Apache, IIS – all have the capability to compress the webpages.
- Page caching.
By caching the files in your website, you can avoid downloading them each and every time a page on your website is requested by the users. This can improve the user experience considerably while navigating from one page to another. Also caching systems refresh themselves periodically based on how you set them up – so even frequently changing webpages (for example, a blogpost with comments) could be cached without any problem.
- Decrease HTTP request.
- Efficient coding.
Take a close look at your website coding. Do you need all those tags you are using or can you make use of CSS to display? As an example, rather than using <h1><b> My heading< h1><b> tag, you could use CSS to make the headings bold by applying the ‘font style’ property. Efficient coding not only decreases the file size of your CSS and HTML documents, but makes it a lot easier to maintain as well.
- Use external CSS and JS files.
- Lessen redirects.
Redirection generally takes time. The more redirects you’ve, the longer it takes your visitor to arrive at the web page you’re redirecting him/her to. Try to avoid them wherever you can. Also, you should check for broken links on your site and fix them as soon as possible.
- Use CDN.
CDN, abbreviated as Content Distribution Network is an excellent as well as affordable way to show media on the website. Rather than having your website sending the image files to a visitor who is far away from your server, he/she loads the files directly from a CDN such Amazon’s S3, Cloud Fare. They remove the load from your server letting it to serve increased number of visitors.
Linkedin has been in operation for a number of years, but over the last 5 years it has become a necessity for anyone looking to work in the professional world. Those who are seeking jobs find it as a valuable resource as much as those who are currently employed and wish to network with other professionals. This business-oriented online network allows people to put their resume online and to find or be found by others around the world who may be useful acquaintances. Essentially, the social network allows you to meet and greet with professionals and executives all around the globe without having to attend parties, hosted events, or company-sponsored get-togethers. Searching for a new hire? Check candidates out online. Looking to connect with others in your field? Search around and join their networks. Wanting to promote yourself or your business? Put your best foot forward in your personal or company profile. All of these and other necessary business tasks are possible on Linkedin.
How the network helps professional.
Networking is one of the most basic skills that is taught to anyone who is serious about their career. Without networking, it’s difficult to be the best in your given position. By connecting with other professionals you are expanding your area of influence and creating a web of contacts who you can reach when you are working to accomplish a certain task. You can only accomplish so much by yourself, but when you ally with others you can make a larger impact together. If you run an online business, it’s especially important for you to make your connections online since you will not have the same opportunities to do so as a brick and mortar business.
This is why the Linkedin network has become such a big deal for those in the professional world. There are reportedly around 250 million users on the site, meaning you can form many helpful connections with greater ease than before. Getting out there and meeting new people is the only way to really expand your professional network, so by going to a place online with so many users you are making this job much simpler. Although it’s not the only use, networking is the main use of the site and it is specifically designed to facilitate this action.
Pros and cons.
Every online service comes with it’s advantages and disadvantages. Linkedin is no different, with the website alternately impressing or disappointing many people. Here are some of the main pros and cons about using the social network for your online business:
- Greater online presence. Linkedin profiles show near the top of most search engine result pages, making it easier for people to find you and your business.
- Easy platform for research. There is a lot of information about companies and individuals available at the touch of a button on Linkedin without you having to spend a single cent.
- Establishing credibility. The site allows users to post testimonials, letters of recommendation, and other confidence-inspiring documents to the profiles of other users or businesses.
- Creating a reputation of expertise. Linkedin has some features that allow users to ask questions and engage in group think activities, allowing your to make a name for yourself among your colleagues new and old as an expert in your field.
- Staying connected to the industry. You will have the option of getting news about certain industries delivered to you daily, helping you to stay on top of issues that may be relevant to your career.
- Marketing. Using the tools provided by the website or other sites which can tap into your profile, you can make your page a platform for marketing and sales activities for your business.
- Networking. As previously mentioned, the network offers you the opportunity to connect with millions of other professionals around the world in your industry.
- Not an effective B2C sales platform. Although it can be useful for B2B transactions and marketing, you cannot necessarily use Linkedin to sell to consumers.
- Spam profiles. No online site can be fully free of spam. You will most likely encounter spam at some point during your usage, especially if your profile becomes larger and more connected.
- Time-consuming startup. Getting your profile established can take a lot of effort and time. You may feel overwhelmed in the beginning as you try to build up a bigger base of connections to companies and individuals.
- Expensive membership. It may not be reasonable to purchase a membership to the site, meaning you will have to use the free services which take more time and cause a bit more frustration.
- Difficult interactions. Compared to many other social media sites, Linkedin makes it more difficult to interact with those who you are not introduced to or connected with.
How to use Linkedin effectively for your online business?
Linkedin can be a useful tool, especially for those who run an online businesses. If you want to use it most effectively, you need to start being very purposeful about your actions on the social media network. Here’s a few tips on how to best use your profile to get more traffic for your online business:
- Set up an attractive and complete profile. Make sure you stand out form others on the site, or you may just be lost in the crowd when someone is searching for the services you offer. Maintain your professionalism, but do it in a way which will help people to see you as the right choice when they stumble upon your page. Using different media around your profile might help to keep people’s attention as they glance through, and a complete profile will give them all the information they need to know on why they should choose you over your competitors.
- Expand your network. Whatever you do, make sure you are constantly looking to make more connections. Get introductions whenever possible to anyone and everyone you can and spread your web of contacts even wider. This will bring your profile and your business into the line of site of many more people and will attract a lot more traffic to your website over time.
- Start a group. Making a group with your connections is the easiest way to share information back and forth. If you have a group dedicated to your business, you may be able to spread some useful information and keep yourself at the forefront of people’s mind when they need the services you provide. Similarly, joining other’s groups allows you to share information and be involved in the activities of other people’s businesses as well.
- Answer questions. When you’re trying to get your name out there, you can accomplish this sometimes by simply answering people’s questions they post in the “Answers” section. This action will put your name and your business in the line of sight of more people interested in the field, consequently bringing more people to your website.
- Show off your work samples. There is a feature on Linkedin that allows you to post samples of your work onto your profile for people to see. This is one great way to increase people’s interest in what you can provide for them, so use it to your advantage by showing off the best examples of how you can solve people’s wants and needs.
Overall, Linkedin can be a very useful resource for professionals and online business owners. Most executives and business people these days would suggest you join up as soon as possible and start connecting with people. You may be able to help further your own career or help others in their line of work while making useful connections for the present and the future. If you’re looking to drive more traffic to your online business, follow the tips provided above and watch as your website gets more hits than ever before!